Since its founding more than 30 years ago, USANA’s focused its efforts on creating The Healthiest Family on Earth. It’s an ambitious goal, and it’s one that’s multifaceted.
For us as individuals, physical health is obviously important. But equally as critical is our mental and emotional well-being.
It’s no coincidence that in 2020 when USANA conceived its sustainability report (the most recent of which became available earlier this year) USANA prioritized people.
As Paul Jones, USANA’s Chief People Officer, says, “Everything we work to accomplish at USANA starts with our people, which is why we put such a strong emphasis on making USANA the gold standard for workplace excellence.”
Similar to how individual health encompasses many aspects, so too do our sustainability efforts.
USANA’s 2022 sustainability report, released in May of this year, highlights USANA’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) achievements. A few worth noting:
- 350+ employees completed USANA’s career mentorship program
- 100% of employees received current Good Manufacturing Practices training
- USANA saved the equivalent of 435,266 supplement bottles worth of plastic annually after moving to smaller bottles for 10 products
- 20% reduction in waste sent to landfills
- More than 12.9 million meals provided through The USANA Foundation
- Created supplier code of conduct as part of our responsible sourcing efforts
- Invested $11.6 million in research and development
This is the third year we’ve compiled a sustainability report. I’m so pleased to see how much our company has improved in our key target areas year over year. Our commitment to sustainability sets us apart and ultimately supports our vision of creating The Healthiest Family on Earth.
Thank you to everyone who’s joined us in our commitment. I invite you to download and read the full report.
Sustainability in Action
On the What’s Up, USANA? blog, the team highlighted a few employees who are walking the walk, as it were, when it comes to being environmentally friendly. Here are a few articles well worth your time:
- Easy Tips for a More Sustainable Life
- Simple Steps to Sustainable Living
- Mindful Swaps for a More Sustainable Life
- The Easy Route to Sustainable Living