Parveen Panwar, Mr. Activated on social media, invited me to speak as part of his “5 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a CEO” series on Medium.
Read the entire article in Authority Magazine online.
The article includes answers to question such as:
- How I embarked on my career path
- What I found interesting about the role once I became CEO
- Who’s mentored me to help me in my journey
- Why diversity, equality, and inclusion are so important
- And a few myths about being a CEO
Then, we got into the heart of the article. I provided 5 things I wish someone told me before I became a CEO.
5 Things I Wish Someone Told Me Before I Became a CEO
Please take a look at the full article in which I expand on the following points. I wish someone would have…
- Better educated me on government relations and affairs
- Told me that every single member of the senior executive team has value
- Better educated me from a financial perspective on publicly traded companies
- Better explained the delicate nature of family dynamics in a family-founded business
- Told me more about international commerce for a global company
Thank you to Parveen Panwar — Mr. Activated — for inviting me to participate in his series. I enjoyed sharing my thoughts, and I hope my answers provide value to you personally or professionally.